Q: 2012 Jeep Wrangler hesitates at starting up.

I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler, when I start it sometimes, not all the time, it turns over, but it doesn't start quickly as it used to do. It turns over, but hesitantly. I took it to a mechanic thinking it was a problem with the fuel not getting through the line, but he ran a diagnostic and it came back fine. He also kept it for two days for a cold start, but couldn't find anything wrong. Also, when I'm driving sometimes, not all the time it hesitates when I press on the gas. Not sure what it could be since the fuel diagnostic came back fine.

The issue could be the throttle position sensor on the throttle body giving a false reading and causing the engine to hesitate when starting. For the hesitation when driving, that also could be the throttle position sensor, but more like old spark plugs and wires failing to emit a proper timed spark or the timing is off on you engine causing the engine to hesitate. I recommend replacing the spark plugs and wires if they have not been serviced in more than 1 year and checking the throttle position sensor for any connection issues. If you need further assistance with your engine hesitating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. 2012 Jeep Wrangler hesitates at starting up.