Q: My 2005 Scion tC won't start?

asked by on September 05, 2017

I woke to a dead car, I jump started it went to school to come out 3 hours later to it being dead again. I charged the battery to 100 since it was only at 53%. I then waited a couple hours went out to try to start it and nothing. It wants to turn over but wont?

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Courtney. Thanks for writing in tonight about your Scion. Although a battery might be charged, it is possible that it has worn out and does not have enough cranking amps to activate the starter and power ignition system components until the engine fires up. It’s likely that this is what has happened to your battery. However, it’s also possible that the battery cables are also not working as they are supposed to, or that you have a damaged electrical relay or fuse that is the source of this problem. It would probably be best to replace your battery and battery cables (especially if this hasn’t been done in a while on your 2005 Scion). If this doesn’t resolve your problem, have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can find out what’s causing this problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr