Q: Heater only works on high. Heat is not hot.

Car takes awhile for the heater to blow hot air. It only works on high. The air is not that hot.

A: If your heater only blows when the setting ...

If your heater only blows when the setting is on high, this may suggest that you have a faulty blower motor resistor. The highest speed setting may still work because in most cars in the highest fan speed settings the current bypasses the blower motor resistor. In some cars, if the resistor is failed, the fan may stop working completely. Another reason a blower motor resistor may fail is when the blower motor has a mechanical problem or when a foreign object jams the blower motor fan blade and prevents it from spinning freely. This leads to increased current through the resistor and causes it to overheat and fail.

The lack of heat being generated by your system may indicate a faulty heater core. The [heater core]((https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/heater-is-not-working-inspection) is a small radiator like unit that circulates the hot coolant from the engine through the heater core which then uses this warm coolant to heat the inside of the car with the help of the blower motor that blows the warm air through the vents inside the car. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your heating system.