Q: What's your take on buying a COBB access port? People say what the car runs safer with less knocks vs stock.

What's your take on buying a COBB access port? People say what the car runs safer with less knocks vs stock.

Thank you!

Hello - I suspect the answer to this question revolves around whether you are making other modifications to the engine, and how often you drive with boost pressure near the limit. This device will offer more precise control for managing boost pressure. For "sedate" or even "spirited" driving, the factory boost control is probably adequate. If you are doing track, autocross, or other high-speed driving events where the engine is going to spend a higher percentage of time "on maximum boost", this may be cheap insurance. Your mileage will vary! If you’re planning on making any modifications, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose and service your car.

• What's your take on buying a COBB access port? People say what the car runs safer with less knocks vs stock.