Q: Horn Intermittent sounds when honking it.

asked by on March 04, 2017

My horn blows intermittently now. Alarm still honks horn when car is armed.

This problem started a month or so ago. It's just gotten progressively worse. It works at times and at times it doesn't work. I can keep my hand pressing down if it doesn't sound and eventually it will chirp low or with the normal loudness.

Any ideas???

Thanks!!!

The horn button contacts are worn and the horn button and clock spring needs replaced. When replacing the horn button and clock spring, clean all of the contacts in the steering wheel to ensure that the horn button will make a good contact. If you need further assistance with your horn not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.