Q: Brake pedal hits floor

The brake pedal goes to the floor. The brake light is on and recommends immediate service. Brakes still engage, but barely.

A: Hello. With this combination of symptoms, i...

Hello. With this combination of symptoms, it sounds like a bad master cylinder. The master cylinder fails internally and causes this. It can also occur if there is a brake fluid leak. I would check the brake fluid first and see if the reservoir is empty. If it is then there is a leak. If there is fluid then the master cylinder is bad and needs to be replaced. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to replace the master cylinder.