Q: Brake pedal hits floor

The brake pedal goes to the floor. The brake light is on and recommends immediate service. Brakes still engage, but barely.

Hello. With this combination of symptoms, it sounds like a bad master cylinder. The master cylinder fails internally and causes this. It can also occur if there is a brake fluid leak. I would check the brake fluid first and see if the reservoir is empty. If it is then there is a leak. If there is fluid then the master cylinder is bad and needs to be replaced. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to replace the master cylinder.