Q: Bank 1 O2 sensor stuck. Got socket. No room for breaker bar. Open end will strip it round. Too confined to torch.

asked by on March 18, 2018

Can get to the Bank 1 O2 sensor. Got socket. No room to get ratchet or breaker bar. Sensor is in pretty good. Too confined to torch. Can snap it off to get shorter socket on it for room for breaker bar but not sure stub will budge. Open end wrench will round it off. Suggestions?

I have had to us a special O2 sensor socket the is a long socket with offset part and hole in the middle to put on a long breaker bar to break them loose. If this still does not work then you may have to have manifold removed to use a torch to heat and remove it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr