Q: Car shakes when at 40mph i added some trans fluid because it was missing some and thats when it started shaking

My car is shaking at 40 mph i just added some more trans fluid because i was leaking some the whole steering wheel shakes at 40mph but when i go past that it stops what could this be

A: Hi there. The most common cause of this is ...

Hi there. The most common cause of this is a tire balance issue. I would typically start by checking the balance of the tires to see how they are. I would inspect the tires at the same time as a failing tire will also cause this. If everything with the tires are fine then I check the front suspension for worn out parts as well as a failing front bearing or a warped wheel hub. All of these will cause this to occur. If you are going to have this high speed shaking checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.