Q: Antifreeze leaked onto engine on 2017 Dodge Journey

I was driving my car yesterday. The clamp on the engine hose wasnt clamped correctly so antifreeze spilled onto the engine and the engine overheated. What advice do you have for that issue both long term and short term

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The vehicle is under warranty. If you haven’t done so yet, I would have the dealer inspect the vehicle and correct any issues. You want it documented just in case any issues arise in the future. As long as the engine did not overheat, you should not have any issues in the future but you still want it documented. The entire cooling system should be inspected and refilled with the recommended coolant to the proper mixture and level. Mixing coolant types can lead to clogging of small cooling system passages even when using coolants "safe for all vehicles". If you refilled the system with anything other than the recommend type that was in there, the cooling system should be flushed and refilled.

3. Antifreeze leaked onto engine on 2017 Dodge Journey