Q: Q: Electrical problems with car

I had an electrical problem and ran a new ground wire. My car still has the same problem and now none of the electrical systems in the car work.

Hi there. On the right front wheel well, there are a series of fusible links which distribute battery power to all of the vehicle’s electrical systems. One is gray and is labeled "fusible link K," which supplies power to all of the interior electronic fuses in the fusebox. The power needs to be checked at the fuses of the interior accessories that are not operating to see if they correlate with the power loss. If power is present to all of the fuses that connect to the accessories not operating, then the link is ok. If not, the link will need to be replaced. If all non operating accessories have power, then the problem still lies in the grounding circuit.

By safely removing the negative battery terminal from the battery, the ground circuit can be checked for continuity with a ohmmeter. If the resistance is near 0 ohms, reconnect the battery. A voltage drop test needs to be conducted to the chassis ground and also from the chassis ground to the battery to ensure no excessive resistance is present. The voltage drop readings should not exceed 0.1 volts. All ground connections should be checked and cleaned if the ground side voltage drop is above 0.1 volts. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who has the training and equipment to diagnose the electrical system issue.

3. Q: Electrical problems with car