My car cuts off when service park assist pops up. What can be causing this problem?

When driving the car will shut itself off & service park assist will be on my dash & I will have to go through three steps to get the car back running

Hi there. The parking assist works with sensors around the vehicle to view any obstacles on the road to prevent any accidents. If the parking assist is stalling your vehicle, then the sensors are either dirty or damaged. I recommend washing your vehicle first. If the sensors are dirty, then after washing the car will reset the system and function correctly. If the vehicle was washed really good and the light is still on and will not reset, then a sensor or the module may be defective. If you need further assistance with the parking assist, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.