Q: Car stuck in 4th gear.

The Check Engine Light is on and D4 is flashing on the shifter. I got the codes from Autozone, and they were P0753, Transmission Stuck in 4th Gear, and P0501, Range Performance Problem in CVT Speed Sensor Circuit.

The two codes point to two different problems. The code P0501 indicates a possible problem with the vehicle speed sensor. The code P0753 point to a possible problem to shift solenoid A in the transmission. Both of these problems could be just to replace these components or a more major issue with the transmission that is causing the codes. I would recommend having a mechanic, like the certified ones at YourMechanic, come and check it out for you to see what is causing the problems and the codes.

3. Car stuck in 4th gear.