Q: What do I do when the MAF isn't creating enough ground to the ECM module?

Okay so I left i morning to go to work and my truck lost power and wouldn't accelerate then when it slowed down to s stop it died and wouldn't start again. The first thing I thought it was, is the fuel pump. But that wasn't the case had a fair amount of pressure going to the engine. Then ran a scan on it and got the code p0102 for the maf. Then we tested the connection, I read on the internet that the ground to the emc is suppose to be close to 12 volts and it wasn't pushing more than 2.4 volts and realized there was a bad connection to the ground from the emc module. Where should I start to fix this problem? Also it would start but it is hard and it runs really erratic and then stalles out

Hi there. First, check the harness connection on the sensor for any burned or corroded pins. That will cause a restriction and make the power drop. If the harness is good on the plug end, then disconnect the harness from the computer with the battery disconnected, and check resistance on the wires to locate the power wire from the MAF sensor to the computer. Then, check the other circuit on the MAF sensor harness for a ground and get a reading.

The resistance should be no more than 1.5 ohms. If the resistance shows a lot more, then there is a break in the wire and the harness needs to be fixed or replaced. If the readings are good, then there is a problem with the ECM and it needs replacing due to a burned circuit inside the computer.

If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to your location to assist you with the ground issue to the ECM module.

3. What do I do when the MAF isn't creating enough ground to the ECM module?