Q: Oil light

asked by on December 09, 2016

I was told the oil light is coming on when I put on the breaks since I use high mileage synthetic type of oil.

Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement $88.87 - $411.13 Get a Quote
Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

This light will usually come on when one of two things are happening. Either the motor is in fact low on oil or the oil pressure sending unit is not working properly and may be producing a faulty reading. I would recommend first, to check the actual oil level in the motor by using the dipstick. Be sure the oil level reaches the "full" mark. If this registers as "full" then you likely have a faulty oil pressure sending unit. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your low oil pressure light to come on.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr