Q: Would the throttle positioning sensor cause the engine to rev up while driving?

When I get to about 35/40 mph the engine starts revving up, rum's go up but no power no acceleration . I just replaced the transmission a couple months ago. Could it be a sensor in the throttle body, if so, which one? Or is it something else?

Your issues may stem from a variety of components. Have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes. This will give you more information on any issues the computer has detected. Some will not illuminate the Check Engine Light.

The vehicle may be in a "limp mode", but this would likely turn on the Check Engine Light. The first two sensors you should look into will be the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors. If one of these has failed, you should replace both of them at the same time.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to inspect your car and diagnose any trouble codes you have.

3. Would the throttle positioning sensor cause the engine to rev up while driving?