Q: Car is starving for fuel sometimes but not always

I have changed the fuel pump @ filter still some times like its starving for fuel like I have a blockage some where I have to turn motor off & on to get to drive again please help

A: Hi. The first question to ask is if the Che...

Hi. The first question to ask is if the Check Engine Light is on. If so, what are the stored problem codes? These would be helpful for diagnostic purposes. Check your fuel pressure (while running and under load if possible).

If fuel pressure is low, check your fuel pump relay. If it's old and has burned contacts, the fuel pump may not be getting enough current and at too low a voltage to perform properly. A bad fuel pressure regulator is also possibility, as is clogged injectors. You don't indicate your mileage, but a car with advanced mileage can have a clogged catalytic converter, which will certainly act in low power something's clogged up. I would recommend having the vehicle's loss of power inspected, so that this can be resolved properly.