Q: Does tire size affect the vehicle stability assist system?

Does tire size affect the vehicle stability assist system?

Honda designed your Accord to use a specific tire size (or range of tire sizes). The vehicle stability assist (VSA) system is also designed to work with this specific size. That means if you install tires that are a different size than what came on the car from the automaker, the VSA system may not work correctly. This also applies to driving with one or more differently sized tires (including your spare).

For drivers who use winter and summer tires, make sure they’re both the same size as what came on the car to ensure that the VSA system stays operable.

Tip

If the VSA does not function correctly, you will not lose normal traction or handling capabilities.

3. Does tire size affect the vehicle stability assist system?