Q: Drivers side power door lock actuator won't unlock

I have a locked door that will not open with any of the methods that I have tried. Took it to Tires Plus and they also tried to unlock it. I am not able to get the acuator out of the door to replace it. I ordered the new actuator that all sites recommend whick is a Dorman part, however, it doesn't match up with the one in my door. Are there any other options to getting the door actuator unlocked or out of the door since I can't get the door open to remove the whole panel?

A: If you are unable to unlock the door I wo...

Hello.

If you are unable to unlock the door I would recommend taking the vehicle to a professional locksmith, as they will have the tools and knowledge to unlock your vehicle without causing any damage. If the part you ordered does not match the one in the door then perhaps you have the wrong part.

In this instance, I would consult a professional for help with both issue, a technician/locksmith and a parts person. If you'd like, one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose the issue with your door lock firsthand for an accurate repair. Best of luck.