Q: My Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 stalling at stops sometimes

asked by on February 21, 2018

My dodge ram 1500 4.7 has just all of sudden started stalling at stops. Not all the time. I can feel it idle weird. I'm gonna try to clean the throttle body tomorrow or next day. Also I had a small leak coming from waterpump bolts. I used some stop leak. The stop leak worked. But right after that is when the stalling started. Don't know if they are related. Seems like it idles better in neutral or park. Ive been looking online for any info. Ive got everything from throttle body needs cleaned, to throttle position sensor, to o2 sensors, to crankshaft sensors, to like a million dam things! I just want the right answer. Please help and thank you.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

To pinpoint the cause, a diagnostic decision tree is used by mechanics and all components on that "tree" must be directly tested. As components are ruled in or out during that testing, one just proceeds along the tree. That is the only way to get a guaranteed usable result with this category of vehicle fault. Stalling at idle could be due to a faulty mass airflow sensor, faulty camshaft or crankshaft position sensors, worn spark plugs, wires or defective ignition coil(s), inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors, faulty fuel pump or pump circuit), contaminated or old gasoline, defective throttle position sensor, faulty idle air control valve, leaks in the EGR system, intake vacuum leaks, and so forth. If your situation is typical, the issue is probably limited and thus fairly easy to resolve but you must still go through the required diagnostic to pinpoint the actual faulty component(s). If you request an engine stalling diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.