Q: The car cranks a lot, turns off while idling, gas smell in the car

Hi.My car has been misfiring but usually runs well. Recently, It started dying out while idling. I think that the fuel pump is working normally, by the sound of it. But, there is a gas smeel in the car. When I try to start it up, it would just turn off. It would crank a lot and occasionally it would turn on but after a couple of seconds turns off completely. Do you have any idea what could be the issue? Thank you.

You need to have the fuel injection checked to see if the system has a fuel injection leak or a pressure regulator leaking. The fuel system, including the filter and pump lines, needs checking to see why you are smelling fuel. Some of these vehicles have had fuel injection pressure regulators that leak and can contaminate the oil and cause excessive fuel odor inside the car. To verify this, I recommend having a certified technician inspect the smell in the car and look for leaks. From there, they will be able to perform the repairs that are needed to address your issue.

3. The car cranks a lot, turns off while idling, gas smell in the car