Q: I have a 2002 Ford F-150 single cab has a rod knock and dies while driving

So I was coming home from another town I was fishing near the other day, and I have heard this knocking noise which was very loud when I rev up my truck. My truck died about 3 times on the way home which is a 7 mile drive and sometimes it would take a second to start I checked my oil before I left to go home and it was above the low line so I went into the gas station and put in to 10w-30 type oil. It will still knock but not as loud. And also I have a 1995 Ford F-150 with a 351 Cleveland motor is the 5.8 Lt. but it's having problems too I was coming home from my moms house the other day and it started shaking and died multiple times and it would only accelerate at about 40 mph then it got worse and was only letting me go 15mph and it's got a knock too but it's nowhere as bad as the 2002 truck. And you can smell fuel on the 95 sometimes.

Hi There, The rod knocking you are hearing in your 2002 F150 may be related to a rod bearing that is beginning to fail. Adding additional oil to the motor may temporarily solve this, but it will eventually come back and get worse over time. It is not likely that this would have had anything to do with the truck stalling. The stalling issue may be related to other things such as low fuel pressure or potentially a faulty or dirty idle air control valve.

In reference to your 1995 F150, the shaking you are describing sounds like it maybe related to a clogged catalytic converter as this is a common issue related to this type of problem. This can also cause the raw fuel smell you describe as well. As you may already know, the catalytic converter converts toxic exhaust gases into less harmful pollutants that are suitable to be expelled into the atmosphere. When this is clogged, this causes these gases to be backed up into the exhaust system not allowing the engine to breathe properly. When this happens, the engine is forced to work much harder to expel these gases. This often results in the engine bogging down, hesitating, shaking and causing very poor fuel economy. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. I have a 2002 Ford F-150 single cab has a rod knock and dies while driving