Q: Sinking brake pedal in an O1 Lincoln Town Car

I have an O1 Lincoln Town Car with a sinking brake pedal. I've changed the brake master cylinder but nothing changed. What can I do?

Of course, with the sinking brake pedal, you’d want to start with the most logical suspect - a brake fluid leak. Pull the tires off and see if anything’s leaking. Look for the dripping fluid. If you don’t find anything leaking, you can change your brake master cylinder.

Here’s another test you can do. Have the engine turned off and hit the brake pedal. If you hit the brake pedal and it is hard as a rock, and you start it up and it sinks, you need a new brake booster. If it’s not a bad brake booster, it could be the ABS system going down. They are super expensive so you want to pray that it’s not that going on. I recommend having the entire brake system checked by a professional so that they can pinpoint the fault. From there, they will be able to make any of the needed repairs to get your car back on the road.