Q: Yaw rate sensor faulty

My car engages the brakes suddenly. This happens shortly after the BAS/ESP light comes on. In addition, the yellow warning triangle flashes. This started happening after new tires, rotors, and front brake pads were installed. A diagnostic determined that the yaw rate sensor is faulty.

Hi. Other ML320 owners have reported similar symptoms. Although it is a rare occurrence, it is something that should be repaired. Replacing the yaw sensor does fix the issue, so it is most likely the culprit, especially if there is a code for it. After replacing the sensor, the computer needs to be reprogrammed, so have a certified technician assist you in replacing the yaw rate sensor.

3. Yaw rate sensor faulty