Q: Car slightly shutters when coming to an abrupt stop. Failing master cylinder?

asked by on December 08, 2016

These symptoms only occur when braking hard or to an abrupt stop. I just bought the car a few days ago. Failing master cylinder? Thanks.

If you are getting a pulsation in the brakes and do not have an ABS or any light on in the dash then this is most likely caused by the front rotors of the brakes are warped. You should have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic do a full brake safety inspection to look at the entire brake system and then quote and do any repairs that are needed in excess of the rotors and front pads.