Q: what do i need to do when my tire pressure, electric steering and vehicle stability lights come on

Some hit my car on the drivers side and drove off. There was no damage at all but these specific lights came on. After the incident I drove around the block and it was smooth, but when I was trying to park it was hard to turn the wheel etc. the tire looks to be ok etc

Due to the impact of another vehicle hitting your car, there may be several things wrong that may or may not be visible such as the wheel speed sensors. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your ABS and traction control system to determine the cause for this.

• what do i need to do when my tire pressure, electric steering and vehicle stability lights come on