Q: Car is stalling, even after tune up

I just got my car turned up and had the oil changed. Right before I did this it was on the verge of stalling quite often. So I got this tune up, but it didn’t seem to help. I am really worried it’s going to die in the middle of traffic. What do you suggest I do?

A: Hello. I would have the idle air control va...

Hello. I would have the idle air control valve checked out for failure (assuming this was not replaced during the "tuneup") or to see if it is gunked up and sticking - not moving enough or fast enough. If it was replaced, check out the crankcase ventilation and evaporative emission valve mechanisms for proper operation (right time or conditions), clogged ports, etc. This will ensure that the engine isn’t getting additional fumes at an idle. A professional mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, can diagnose the stalling issue and replace the failing parts.