Q: Transmission over temperature and truck doesn't start.

The truck won't start and it said on the dashboard transmission over temp.

I have seen this concern with your Jeep Commander before, not only through my own personal experiences, but also from other certified mechanics working on this vehicle. Through some tag team diagnostic skills, we were able to determine that one of the computers, known as the Front Control Module (FCM), had failed. While this could be the issue with your vehicle as well, it could very well be a one or more other components are giving you the same problem. Something as simple as a bad battery (computers can be very sensitive to voltage drops) or a bad connection due to corrosion, can duplicate the same starting issues as a failed FCM. As you can see, these are two very different repairs, and rather than make guesses on why your Jeep Commander is not starting, it is best to enlist the help of a certified mechanic who can go over the car and diagnose your starting problems properly.

3. Transmission over temperature and truck doesn't start.