Q: Leaking power steering fluid

My car is leaking power steering fluid, and it is hard to turn.

If your vehicle is hard to turn and you are positive you are leaking power steering fluid, the leak is the cause of this issue. The power steering system is a hydraulic system that relies on a specific amount of fluid in order to perform its intended function. If the fluid level becomes low, the efficiency of the system drops significantly, if it works at all. I would recommend having your power steering system inspected by a professional.

Possible leak sources include the reservoir, pump, rack and pinion, pressure line, and return line. Be sure that all of these items are inspected during the diagnosis of your power steering leak. Once the source of the leak has been confirmed, have it repaired as soon as possible as power steering problems can be a safety issue.

3. Leaking power steering fluid