Q: Should I try to salvage my car that has a knocking noise do to insufficient supply of oil or do I just buy a new car?

I ran my car very fast and it started making a knocking noise. Do I try do fix it or get myslef a new car?

Hello, thank you for writing in. With the issues you are having, the problem may be more serious then the car is worth. You will want to consider all of the potential costs to have it fixed. This may require an inspection of ALL of the current issues with the vehicle. You may want to also use the blue book value for your vehicle to help determine its worth. Take the list of repairs and the cost of the vehicle, compare it to your pocket book, and the down payment of whatever car you may be looking at. It is truly best to see the figures, even roughly, in front of you before you make a decision like this. Without having a formal inspection of it, it is hard to tell what the vehicle is worth. For a full 75-point safety inspection on your current vehicle, or a pre-purchase inspection on a new vehicle, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.