Q: car dies while driving after getting warm, starts up after 20-30 minutes.

The car had an issue with fueling. The pump kept clicking of. It turned out to be the charcoal canister leaking pellets into the vent tube. After cleaning them out the fuel goes in fine. Just saying for your information. Now the car dies after it seems like it gets hot, as and starts back up after cooling off? No codes are thrown, I have a really good obd2 reader, nothing. If you turn the key after it dies you can hear the fuel pump turn on so ruled that out. Changed the fuel filter. Actually unhooked the charcoal canister, still died. The freeways are scary here in SoCal and having your car die playing crashup derby is hella scary. The dealership wants a hundred bucks y to just look at it no guarantee they can figure it out. Possible it is the coil, crankshaft sensor, etc. do I keep replacing all the sensors till it is fixed? Why no codes thrown if that is the case? Please help, at the end of my rope with this piece of shizzzat. Thank you for reading this. Jill

Unfortunately finding the root cause of intermittent problems can be difficult. Especially if the vehicle must be driven until it is hot before it shuts down. Something that may be worth a try is to allow the vehicle to sit running in a location that it can be monitored. If it stalls simply when it gets hot, them maybe allowing it to sit running for a period of time to see if it stalls may be beneficial.

It may just have to sit running for a longer period compared to driving. If the vehicle stalls after sitting at idle for a period, then whether a dealership or a certified YourMechanic technician inspects the vehicle, that may make it possible for the technician to immediately inspect the vehicle and see what is preventing the vehicle from starting back up. Randomly replacing parts in hopes of replacing the correct part can get more costly than having the vehicle properly diagnosed as most electrical and electronic parts are not returnable once they are installed in the vehicle. You can wind up replacing several hundred dollars worth or components that did not resolve the issue and be unable to return them.

• car dies while driving after getting warm, starts up after 20-30 minutes.