Q: Heat not working on passenger side. Jeep Grand Cherokee

So, I bought a used car the other day. It's a Jeep Grand Cherokee with 70k miles and in really good shape. One week in my heat stopped working in the passenger side and rear right blinker went out. Drivers side heat was fine. Is this a coinsidence or what? What do you think the problem is?

Hi there - these events are most likely not at all related. The lack of heat on the passenger side only is an issue with the controls or actuators for the heater "air blend doors". These are the air-routing mechanisms inside the heater box in the passenger compartment. The failure of the rear blinker light may only be a burned out bulb. I recommend a heater inspection and a turn signal inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Heat not working on passenger side. Jeep Grand Cherokee