Q: Q: Check engine light

Hey rocco, i have an 2006 scion xb. I got codes to replace the cat convertor, the upstream and downstream o2 sensors. I bought and replaced all 3. I put the freeway and highway miles on them. The computer reset but, the engine came back on. The down stream sensor code was on. I spoke to a few different people at the parts stores and mechanics. They said imports often cant use brands other than ntk or denso, besides oem. So, i looked around and found a denso four wire which , is what my care takes. I got the sensor but when i did a side by side comparison, they are a little different. Car has 2 white wires, 1 black, 1 gray. The sensor has 2 blacks, 1 white, 1 blue. I installed and put about 30 miles on it and cooled car down. Check engine light is on. What do i do and where do i get the exact sensor i need

Hello. If the harnesses do not match then the sensor you have is incorrect. A search on my end also reveals that your vehicle uses a four wire sensor, however if the harness on the vehicle uses a 2 wire sensor, then that is what you will need to replace it with. I would try to retrieve a part number from the original sensor that was removed and see if a parts place may be able to match or cross reference it. Most aftermarket parts suppliers should be able to locate a sensor for this vehicle, however the dealer is another option if you want to be sure. If you’re unable to pinpoint the issue yourself, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose the Check Engine Light firsthand and help you install the correct sensor as necessary. Good luck.

3. Q: Check engine light