my 2005 hyundai elantra sunroof is stuck. it looks like i...

Q: my 2005 hyundai elantra sunroof is stuck. it looks like it needs to tilt up in the back to seal up with the rest of the car.

asked by on September 13, 2017

my sunroof is stuck where it is not sealing up. rain water gets in. the slide button works a little bit but only moves the glass forward by its self and moves back if you move it with your hands. the tilt button however does not even seem to make the motor run. I dont know what is causing this and im hoping i can get the sunroof closed before winter so it doesnt damage my car. thank you

You may have a broken roof track or something is binding the roof glass slide. Try to open the roof and lube the slides and try closing it. If the track is broken then the entire track will need to be replaced. You should try and help the motor by pushing the glass shut while closing.