Q: Wont start and battery is new. Is a push button car and the brake paddle is stiff

My car is a push button start and it wont star and the brake paddle is stiff hard

You should check to see if the brake lights are working? Your Kia Sportage may be under recall for an issue with the brake light switch. If the brake light switch is bad then the push button will not work unless you hold in the button for 15 seconds to bypass the brakes being pushed.

I suggest having the brake lights checked and fixed if they are not working. Also make sure the remotes have new batteries. If you need help with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and diagnose your starting issue firsthand for an accurate repair.

• Wont start and battery is new. Is a push button car and the brake paddle is stiff