Q: throttle body replacement - new part is differnt

Hello, i'm replacing my oem throttle body with a techsmart replacement. The new one i just bought doesnt have the two (air lines)? on the bottom like my oem. what do i do with these? are they necessary? what do i do with the two lines? please help. thanks! P.S. all replacement parts ive found are the same as this.

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your For...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Ford Mustang. From what you’ve described, the two lines are coolant lines and not vacuum lines. You can hook the two lines together or plug them. The coolant lines to the old throttle body were there to help the throttle plates from freezing shut. If you run into any issues or need some help with the replacement of your throttle body, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile experts can come to your home to assist you.