Q: it set for almost 8 weeks I started it, it started no problem it was low on gas then it ran out.I put gas in didn't start

asked by on September 17, 2016

I put a new fuel pump new filter a new crank sensor, checked all the fuses and relays. I also put a little bit of gas down in the throttle body it acted like it wanted to start but it didn't . Somebody tell me something now it's starting to get deep in my pocket

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

With any repair, I highly recommend a thorough diagnosis before replacing any parts. In this case, you need to check for spark, fuel pressure, injector pulse and camshaft timing. You need a spark tester to check for spark, a noid light to check for injector pulse and a fuel pressure gauge to check for fuel pressure. Checking for camshaft timing is best done by taking a compression test of each cylinder. If you see one or more cylinders lower than the rest, suspect a problem with camshaft timing.

Depending on what you find with these tests will determine the next steps that you need to take with your diagnostic work flow. Lacking this information, I would be simply guessing what is wrong with your car. For this reason I recommend the following inspection to help you with your diagnosis; Car is not starting inspection to address this situation.

Good luck!