Q: Is a pitman arm considered a comment of a steering gear assembly?

Hello, back in 2012 a drunk driver hit my truck and I had to get it repaired. Luckily I wasn't in the vehicle when it happened. Two of the repairs they included was replacing the steering gear assembly and the steering column assembly. Just today I went and got my truck inspected and it failed because my pitman arm on the driver side was really loose. What I'm wondering is if this is part of either of those assemblies, because the company that replaced them offers a lifetime warranty on the parts and I would like to get this fixed for free if that's still possible. I just want to know whether or not this is covered before asking them to replace it, in case they try and say it's not covered. Thanks for your time.

A: Hello, the pitman arm is attached to the st...

Hello, the pitman arm is attached to the steering gear but is not part of the steering gear assembly. This part would not be covered unless it was replaced when the steering gear was replaced. You could look at the repair records to see if it is a separate part listed. If you are needing further assistance with this replacement, a certified technician from YourMechanic can replace your pitman arm at your home or office.