Q: My Check Engine Light came on and when you push the gas it starts fluttering and shaking

My engine light came on and when u push the gas it starts fluttering and shaking

A: This may be a sign of a failing throttle po...

This may be a sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot's position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal as you describe. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your Check Engine Light and service your throttle control system as necessary.