Q: ticking / clicking noise coming from the front end while driving a low speeds.

ticking/clicking sound coming from the front end while driving at low speed. it doesn't matter at turns or no turns. doesnt matter 2wd or 4wd. when switched to 4 Low with central transfer case lock on.. i can hear the click/ticking sound at a higher frequency..

Hi there. The ticking noise could be the universal joints on the driveshafts or axle shafts on the front axle. The ticking noise could be the universal joints having the bearings burned up causing the caps to move around on the joint. Raise up the vehicle and put it on jack stands. Start the engine and put the transmission in LOW with the transfer case in 4 HI. Listen to the front axle and try to locate the noise that the front axle is emitting. Most of the time the universal joints in the axle shafts fail for they are not serviced. If you need further assistance with the ticking noise from the front axle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Hello. In some cases, the ticking or clicking noise while driving you’re hearing can be caused by either a wheel bearing that is faulty, a rotor that is warped or CV joint that is damaged. It’s best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a car is making a noise inspection so they can try to duplicate the symptoms and determine where the noise is coming from. This will permit them to correctly diagnose the issue and recommend the right repairs.

3. ticking / clicking noise coming from the front end while driving a low speeds.