Q: Trouble accelerating when the fuel gauge says 1/2.

asked by on February 03, 2017

my problem mostly occurs when the car reaches about the half way point in fuel. from a stop the car will take about 25 to 30 seconds to reach 25 mph from there the car functions normally if there is less then half of the fuel in the tank the car will start to chug during normal driving (especially on the highway). the check engine light is on and i have gotten it checked out and the conclusion is an evap leak. although i am unsure this is the actual issue going on with the acceleration. i have never had a problem with the car shifting through gears as well. Thank you for your time and help.

Canister Purge Solenoid Replacement $112.55 - $402.61 Get a Quote

Hi there. If there is a evaporative leak on the fuel system, then there could be a problem with the fuel delivery when the system has too much vapors. Check the purge valve on the fuel charcoal canister and see if there is a leak on it. The valve could be stuck open and have the hose attached to it cracked or missing. If you need further assistance with your purge valve, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr