Q: The car will start but does not move in drive or reverse, makes humming noise.

My car was driving perfectly and then at a stop light i released the brake and gave it a bit gas it moved about 15 yards then it wouldn't go no more. This is when it felt like the transmission had completely disengaged and when i pressed on the gas pedal it wouldnt move, it just made a high pitch humming noise. it will not move in any gear, and just makes that same high pitch hum.The fluids levels are good, the fluid color is not a pink red but more brown. you can still see a hint of the red though. what could be the issue?

Hi there. First check the brake system and see if the brakes are stuck on. If the brakes are not stuck on, then the transmission may have low fluid. Check the transmission fluid level and see if its full and red in color. If the transmission is full of fluid and the color is red, then there could be an issue with the transmission with an internal cross leak making the reverse clutch and forward clutch operate at the same time. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission.

• The car will start but does not move in drive or reverse, makes humming noise.