I have a Jeep Cherokee and it has a clunking sound coming...

I have a Jeep Cherokee and it has a clunking sound coming from the back end and it only clunks when I use the brakes and when I accelerate and it shut off in the middle of me driving but it did come right back on Mechanic's As...

I have a Jeep Cherokee and it has a clunking sound coming from the back end and it only clunks when I use the brakes and when I accelerate and it shut off in the middle of me driving but it did come right back on Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on? It just started yesterday and all I know it is coming from the rear end somewhere Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Cherokee? 1999 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far? I have a friend mechanic but he is sick so I have to do it now and I haven’t tried anything yet

Automotive Expert
Good Afternoon, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I’ll be helping you, so sorry to hear about the issues here on the Jeep. I know how frustrating it can be to deal with suspension noises especially if they’re intermittent. A clunk like you have is usually related to a worn suspension component, most commonly a control arm bushing which is worn out. We would need to check visually and make sure that there is no play in the suspension and we don’t have any worn out components. if possible I would also recommend we have the alignment checked on the rear since that will also show any suspension issues as well. The stalling will not be related to the noise we hear since it’s very unlikely for suspension to cause the engine to stall. I’d recommend we look into fuel pressure and make sure our throttle body is clean and opening fully however.