Q: Can I Get Cold Air Without Running the Air Conditioner?

Can I get cold air without running the air conditioner.

A: All vehicles produced today are equipped wi...

All vehicles produced today are equipped with air conditioning systems. If you do not want the air conditioning on but you would like fresh air to come into the vehicle then all you would have to do is turn the temperature switch all the way to its coldest setting and turn the blower on for your vent or floor settings. The temperature setting knob controls how much of the air is mixed inside the dashboard with what manufacturers call the HVAC box, where there are blend doors that open and close with electric motors that put either hot air from the heater core or cool air from your evaporator depending what is selected. When the AC is off, on its coldest setting it will bring the air from outside through your vents, but if the knob is set to warm, some of the air will be pulled from the heater core in heating system regardless of the AC button is turned on or off. When the fan is off, air is still blown through the system by the motion of the car.

The other way to get cooler air from the vehicle without using your air conditioner is simply rolling down your windows.