Q: Alternator amps

I need to purchase a new alternator, but I can't find the amps. Does anyone know the amps needed for this type of alternator?

Hi There, Your vehicle should offer two options, one for 136 amps and one for 160 amps. Depending on the model you have (i.e. accessories, DVD player, rear AC, etc) you will want to purchase the 160 amp alternator. I would suggest calling the local Chrysler dealer, however and providing them with your VIN which will specify exactly which alternator it came with originally from the factory and that is what you should replace it with. If you need further help with installing this, please reach out o us here at YourMechanic as we are always here to help.

3. Alternator amps