Q: Power steering is leaking

asked by on February 03, 2016

My power steering is leaking.

Power steering fluid is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Power steering leaks are common. Since fluid is in the entire steering system leaks can occur anywhere. The most common leaks happen at the power steering pump or pressure hose. The rack and pinion and return line can leak but are not as common as the previous two. If the system is running low, it can damage other components, so I suggest getting it checked out as soon as possible to avoid this. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, should be able to help you determine where the leak is coming from and recommend an appropriate repair.