Q: Truck sounds very loud when I step on gas...maybe muffler? 2007 GMC Yukon

I know my GMC Yukon was loud before, but recently, it has been extremely loud when I step on gas. It is not loud when idleing, just when I step on gas. Do you think this is a muffler issue??

A: Hello - this new, louder sound level could ...

Hello - this new, louder sound level could be the muffler, catalytic converter, an exhaust gasket or one of the connecting exhaust pipe(s). I would recommend having an exhaust system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.