Q: Why do my dashboard lights come on with the key out of the ignition on my 2013 Ford F-150

When the keys not in ignition the dashboard lights come on and when keys are in ignition the lights flicker

Hello. If the lights are coming on when the key is out of the ignition then most of the time the issue is with the ignition switch. If the switch is not turning all of the way off then this will occur. It can also be caused by a short in the light switch if some of the other lights are acting up also or I have also seen a short in the control module for the lights. I usually start by doing a voltage drop test of the ignition switch and of the switch to see if either one of them are failing. If those are fine then the circuit needs to be fully tested. If you are looking to have your lighting issue checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the lights are staying on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/electrical-components-are-not-working-inspection

3. Why do my dashboard lights come on with the key out of the ignition on my 2013 Ford F-150