Q: Car running hot

My car started running hot last night. I could smell water, but couldn't find a leak.

The coolant may not be leaking, but fumes from the overflow can be smelled when it is running hot. Your vehicle should be checked to see if the fans are working, and the thermostat is okay. A pressure test for leaks, and a cooling system check would be needed to diagnose the overheating problem. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, check this out for you to identify and quote the repairs needed.

3. Car running hot