Key is stuck in the ignition keys v8-5.0l 1971 ford ignit...

Q: Key is stuck in the ignition

My key is stuck in the ignition and will not turn.

Hi, one thing you can do is take your steering wheel grasp it and turn it slightly in both directions while trying to turn the key while you are holding pressure on the wheel. This will help make sure that pressure from the direction the wheels are pointing in isn’t keeping tension on the column. Also, if you have a tilt wheel move it up and down while attempting to turn key. Take your gear shifter and make sure it is firmly in park. If after this you still have a stuck key, I would recommend having a certified mechanic come diagnose and repair your car’s key ignition.