Q: Tire rotation and oil change

asked by on December 29, 2016

How do you lift the car up for tire rotation? Also on these new vehicles, for oil change and the drain plug nut has to be torqued not tightened. If tightened incorrectly then the drain plug area gets damaged and created future issues. Whats the remedy do you have for this issue?

Hi There, Depending on the type of tires (with rotation marks vs without rotation marks), the tires will be rotated in accordance with manufacturers specifications. Our mechanics are able to do this with the use of a jack and jack stands. With regard to the torquing the oil drain plug, this can be easily done with the use of a torque wrench which is preset to a specific foot pound torque setting as required by Honda. These types of wrenches when preset will click or beep at the precise torque specifications when tightening. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to perform your tire rotation and oil change service.